Translate

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

This is sort of a "HELLO!"




"A book is a gift you can open again and again and again." 

-- Garrison Keillor

 

 

I could not understand why, but I felt like a quote about how rewarding it is to read a book should be the right starting sentence to use to open up this blog. 


"What is a blog?" I asked myself. 


I haven't really tried truly making one. What do people usually write there? How do they write? What's their format and how do they make everything interesting, fun, and exciting?


Well, I tried to read about those things and here I am. But that doesn't mean I learned anything or even remotely remember what I have read about. Besides, that has been ages ago. I may or may have probably forgotten all about it. 


But that's not really my main concern about now. If it was, I wouldn't have decided to start this as this is. I would have properly written this in a more formal way using a lot of metaphors that would dry out my creative juices once I finish. I haven't been writing much these past months and so I'm afraid that it would drain a lot of me if I try to do it that way. Let's just keep things casual. 


I'm your friend and you are mine. I'm just a passing acquaintance wishing to tell you my stories in the hopes that you would enjoy reading them as I enjoyed writing about them.


So I guess as those things are out of the way, it's time for me to introduce myself. You can go ahead and read my bio if you want to. I won't stop you. (I have actually forgotten what I wrote there once upon a time.) Or, you can just continue reading this one and find out who this nobody-trying-to-blog is.


I call myself Blue. It also has its own varieties now, like a Japanese translation and a username meant for my art dump accounts that have the word 'blu' in it. I have other names as well that I use on the net, but let's not mention them for now. 


It has been more or less six years since I have used Blue as a name in the writing community.   I started out as this amateur writer in high school who was only thirteen years old. I was simple during those days. I didn't think about the quality of my works nor was I wary of the number of readers I've got because I knew that I'm still a beginner. It didn't matter because I was just starting out anyway. It's to be expected to have those results. But now... Let's just say that I don't want to talk about how busy and lazy I have been to keep up my writing. 


But enough about me being a wannabe writer. I'm not really here to talk about that. (for the most part at least.)


What I really want to talk about is how much I really, really love reading books! Yes, that's right. That's the reason why I started this post with a book quote.


Really, everything about this, including my love for writing and even my current course started out with books. But maybe to be more specific, it's about my fascination with words and wonderful stories. 


Let's go back to the story of baby Blue (me) told within the proud words of my mother. 


I forgot what age it was she was referring to. I was still in elementary after all when she told me this. I'm not even truly sure if she ever said what age I was back then. All I know was that I was a kid. I was a little baby who was still innocent, pure, and as dumb as a little kid could get. That also means that I still don't know how to read. But for some unknown and unexplainable reason, I already liked books as they were. 


It all started with little Blue taking this Bible under her pillow before going to sleep. "I tried removing it from where it was," my mother said, "but the next thing I knew, it was back there again!" These weren't her exact words, but you get the idea. I think I sheepishly laughed when she said that. I can't really remember. 


And yes, it's the Bible. I'm not even religious per se at the current moment, and yet my younger self decided to take the most religious book she could find. Or maybe, it's really the only nearby book she could find. I don't know. 


So! From then on, little me started to get curious about books. I opened them even though I can't read them yet. I stared a lot at the pictures that popped up on every page. I stared at them again every time I opened them for the nth time. Same books, same process. Same fascinating curiosity.


But when I started being able to read, that's when the fun began. 


I read everything, from textbooks to magazines. I read from the table of contents to the glossary. I even read through all the instructions of various textbook activities. The most hilarious thing though (and annoying for my mother) was that I often read those things out loud. I read them using this confident voice that I wish I still have now. 


Now here we are, a decade and some years later and I am now obsessed with these magical objects that are books. I consume them like how I binge eat food when I'm hungry. But the difference is with books, I am always hungry. I breathe it like air, like it's the thing that I need to survive. This probably won't stop. 


Which then brings us to the whole point of this post. To give you guys a warning on the spoilers I would have to give on each upcoming post.  Lots of them. 


I'm gonna be talking about the recent and past books that I have read and tell you what I thought about it and felt about them, what they made me do and what they reminded me of from my past. That means stories about books and stories about me! Story after story after story. We never should be tired of them. 


I would also like to include movies, drama anime, and visual novels in the mix (like manga and manhwa).


I might also post some special blogs where all I would talk about are the things that are happening in my life. Nothing too special. Maybe just boring stuff here and there. I'm hoping that they won't be a lot.


Which ends my first post for this blog!


Oh, and before I forget. 


Hello! 


Nice to meet you. ^^

 



 

 

 

 

 

 


Ps. You saw that pixel art and the chibi Blu? I made those! Do you like them? I hope you did. 

Pps. Have you realized this sounds like a letter? Well, that's the idea. I'm writing a letter to you ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment

[BLUE'S CORNER]: me and the topic of productivity

  I haven't written anything personal for the last few months. This entry is even the first for this year, 2024. So many things have cha...